Servings: 25 squares
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 22 minutes
Total : 37 minutes
8”x8” square dish Mixing bowl x 2
Kitchenstar Pizza Cutter
● 125g plain flour
● 150g fine cornmeal
● 50g caster sugar
● 1 tbsp baking powder
● 1⁄4 tsp salt
● 200g milk
● 3 tbsp yoghurt
● 100g unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat an oven to 190C and line a square oven-proof dish with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir to mix evenly.
3. Into a second mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, yoghurt and 75g of melted butter. Whisk together to form a uniform liquid.
4. Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and bring together with a spatula.
5. Stir the ingredients together until the flour is incorporated, then transfer the dough into the lined oven-proof dish.
6. Using a spatula spread the cornbread smoothly into the dish then transfer to the preheated oven for 22 minutes.
7. Once the top of the cornbread is golden brown, test that the cornbread is ready by inserting a toothpick into the centre, if the toothpick comes out clean then the cornbread is ready.
8. Pour the remaining melted butter over the cornbread and allow to cool inside the dish for 10 minutes.
9. Transfer the cooked cornbread to a chopping board and slice into squares using the Kitchenstar Pizza Cutter.
10. Serve the cornbread squares with butter, honey or plain.